• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Congrats to the winner of the '76 (1780 mi.) Bronco.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Congratulations!!! I'm happy to see that someone here was able to get it.

Lakeman77

Chad,
I'll be in K'ville in a few weeks for work. I hope you are wiling to show this beauty to your fellow bronco nuts. I'll be PMing you soon.
Ryan

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what was the winning bid or does someone have the link to the auction?

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Congrats Chad!!! now you can sell us some of your other Gems ;D I would have got in on some of that bidding action if I did'nt have all my money tied up in my Stroppe. I do believe you got a great deal on that bronco, Keep her in that low mile stock condition and its money in the bank.

69marquisragtop

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
iwlbcnu said:
Now for 69marquisragtop to tell us he only paid 1k for it.

I had mentioned in another thread that I might answer the proverbial question of what I paid for it after the auction was over and the Bronco had been delivered to its new owner. First, let me say that I am very pleased with the outcome of the auction. I am really glad that a fellow Bronco enthusiast will soon be the new owner of "Spirit" [of '76]. Equally as pleasing is that the new soon-to-be owner is a member of this board. I think you all will agree that this a stellar community of Bronco lovers, and I'm glad a member here will be at the reigns of this young steed.
Since the soon-to-be new owner is a member here, and out of respect for him, I have chosen not to disclose what I paid for it.
To keep the documentation of this Bronco intact, the buyer will, however be provided with the original purchase documents from when I bought it in Jan 2005. If you feel like you must know the answer, you might try asking him.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Wow! she sure is a beaut! I wouldn't want it, I would feel terrible for each mile I put on it. Ok let me rephrase, I wouldn't want it as my ONLY uncut original. The other would be my cruiser and this one would be what I built my house around as a center peice. My goodness, what an amazng peice. My next project...time machine.

Mr. Larrance - what are your plans for your need steed?

J.D.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
69marquisragtop said:
I had mentioned in another thread that I might answer the proverbial question of what I paid for it after the auction was over and the Bronco had been delivered to its new owner. First, let me say that I am very pleased with the outcome of the auction. I am really glad that a fellow Bronco enthusiast will soon be the new owner of "Spirit" [of '76]. Equally as pleasing is that the new soon-to-be owner is a member of this board. I think you all will agree that this a stellar community of Bronco lovers, and I'm glad a member here will be at the reigns of this young steed.
Since the soon-to-be new owner is a member here, and out of respect for him, I have chosen not to disclose what I paid for it.
To keep the documentation of this Bronco intact, the buyer will, however be provided with the original purchase documents from when I bought it in Jan 2005. If you feel like you must know the answer, you might try asking him.

Very well put. That's a class act right there!!!

eblightning

congrats Chad! Take good care of 'er.... I almost mortgaged the house but refrained from bidding...

clarrance

Bronco Guru
My plans for right now are to get it home. I am planning on getting it today. I will keep everyone posted with my plans for it. Although It will probably not be that exciting to watch the progress of a covered and sheltered Early Bronco preserving itself.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Oh I almost forgot, Blue 71 and I both have recieved 2nd chance offers from ebay. It says to contact someone with a e-mail of salecars10@gmail.com for purchase of this 76 Bronco. Andy could buy it with a 2nd chance offer of about $5000.00. what a scam.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I just made it home with the Bronco. She is tucked away in her new garage. All safe and sound. Howard is a great guy and was a pleasure to talk with. Thanks again Howard for such a great Bronco and piece of history.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
clarrance said:
I just made it home with the Bronco. She is tucked away in her new garage. All safe and sound. Howard is a great guy and was a pleasure to talk with. Thanks again Howard for such a great Bronco and piece of history.

So... How much did he pay for it?

twisted_mr

Loc.
Calion, AR
Congratulations!!!

Excellent buy, worth every penny. You stole it at 22K regardless of what he originally paid for it...I want to know, no you don't, yes I do, no you don't....forgive the voices in my head. It's those flashbacks my parents warned me about.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congratulations Chad!

Nice piece of history and worth tucking away! You did very well!! Do bring it out from time to time as many would love to see it, including me! The old originals are great to view and learn about their past. Hope to meet up sometime.

Tim

69marquisragtop

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
clarrance said:

Chad, thanks again! Glad you guys had a safe trip home. It was a pleasure to meet you as well. I believe 'Spirit' is in good hands.