• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

conundrum

I have owned my 74 for around 8 years now. The "plan" was to do a frame off.
Funny how life changes. I have a basement full of most of the stuff i needed for the resto...some good stuff also.Some of the items include...full seat platform, inner fenders, wheel tubs,fenders, cargo floor bed, rear wheel housings, oem rockers,oem tail gate,oem grill, aaw wire harness, dakota digital dash, one piece door inserts, bestop soft top,full complete carpet kit, lots of new chrome. Prolly close to 10k in parts, more parts im not mentioning. All from JBG, I think you get the idea here. What should I do? Sell as is or "attempt" putting it all together (un primed or painted) for the longer dollar? One thing i didn't mention here...my body experience is ZERO! My daughters bf is supposed to help in that area.He spent 10 years in his dads body shop.
ANY advice would be appreciated and possibly a ball park $$
PLZ dont respond "give it to me"
My heart is breaking and very torn

knack

Contributor
I'd take advantage of the body work help if you can. If you had a primed body sitting on a nicely painted rolling chassis it would bring a pretty good price, I would think. Offer to split the profits with your daughter's friend? Maybe that would get things moving.

Who knows? Maybe after seeing the progress you'd want to finish the job for yourself.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There isn't much difference in value between a pile of parts versus a started but unfinished project with a pile of parts, so if you have someone with body work experience that can keep the build moving forward, I'd probably go that route as well. If after a few hundred hours of body work you want to sell it, that's hundreds of hours somebody else won't have to do, assuming the work is well done.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'd take advantage of the body work help if you can. If you had a primed body sitting on a nicely painted rolling chassis it would bring a pretty good price, I would think. Offer to split the profits with your daughter's friend? Maybe that would get things moving.

Who knows? Maybe after seeing the progress you'd want to finish the job for yourself.

Agree as well... won't hurt

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"daughters bf is supposed" %)

Seems like great advice from all the above to me, the quote is the only thing that might mess you up. Ask yourself is he a man of his word, very likely to jump in and get dirty? Or just more talk than anything else? If you think he'll really come through and you don't need to sell it quick you'll maybe decide to keep it down the road. And if nothing else, you will know a lot more about body work (and daughters boyfriend) after it's all said and done.

Good luck!
Norm

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't do a frame-off. Keep it simple and as close to driveable as you can. Good luck.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Seems to me there are many posts on here regarding rebuild/restore "ball park $$"

A search of real world rebuild labor hours might affect your decision. It does mine. A project is work to me. I'm sure the satisfaction of the build is great when done, but....

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How long has he been your daughters boy friend, and is he going to stick around and help after their big fight that he's spending more time with you than her? Pay him something along the way for his skills so that there is no hard feelings when you decide to keep it down the road.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Would be a great experience and a lot of quality bonding time with the BF who if things go right will be your son in law some day.Working on a Bronco you will see him in a different light than just your daughters BF.