• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cool Rare $8 Find For A Roadster Enthusiast

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Few weeks ago at about 9:30 pm, I decided to try and put myself to sleep by looking at Ebay. Been awhile and nothing more relaxing and tiring than staring at the laptop screen. Yes I feel old and boring!! Decided to put an "off the wall" title in for the search and this is what I turned up for a buy it now price of $8.00 plus shipping!!!!! And a labeled FOMOCO one at that. They are extremely hard to find as most originals are non-labeled. Needless to say, I couldn't hit the keys fast enough to "buy it now". And I was well awake now!! The seller had absolutely no idea what he had. As for the wife, she gave me that "you are true bronco geek" look on her face. I know she was really saying WTF?? Check it out.

Attachments

• IMG_5385.jpg
    IMG_5385.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_5381.jpg
    IMG_5381.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_5384.jpg
    IMG_5384.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5386.jpg
    IMG_5386.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 175
OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh yea! It is an nos piece too. Have the original box although the box has seen better days. And this confirmed for me that wimbledon white is definitely creamy in color rather than white.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice find - Now you need another original roadster to mount it on;D

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WTF you lucky B. thats amazing. Where in the states was the auction from. I guess that kind of stuff is still out there. Congrats.

frenchy

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Great find Tim!

My dad and I were just debating today if we should put one of your reproduction fender mount mirrors on our current 67 U14 build. I had a 67 U14 with two of them, but he sold them a few years ago.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
10.00 and that's my final offer....

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WTF you lucky B. thats amazing. Where in the states was the auction from. I guess that kind of stuff is still out there. Congrats.

frenchy

Hey Frenchy, does that "Lucky B" mean "Lucky Brother"? Guy claims he bought a box of parts at an auction and the mirror was part of that. He knew it was a Ford piece, just not what it was used on. Probably a rod was his suggestion!!! :eek:

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the offers and suggestions everyone!! For now I will probably place it in the bronco room upstairs in the garage with some other nos pieces.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great find Tim!

My dad and I were just debating today if we should put one of your reproduction fender mount mirrors on our current 67 U14 build. I had a 67 U14 with two of them, but he sold them a few years ago.

Drew, the reproduction mirrors are spot on minus the Fomoco logo. And the majority of the original mirrors I have seen are that way. This is the first one I own with the logo. The halfer would look awesome with the mirrors!! Let me know, tim

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Good Find.. I was about to say what I thought they were worth. But since several of my buddies are talking I'll just shut up for once .. But Great Find.