• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coolant Overflow Tank

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
I was noticing in a few of the gallery pictures that some of you have coolant overflow tanks located on the passenger side wheel well. Was this stock for later years or an aftermarket addition? The reason I ask is that my '68 doesn't have any means of recovering coolant. It just pukes itself out on the ground. I remember that those little tanks started appearing on vehicles some time in the late 60's or early 70's. <br><br>Anyway, I'd like to get an overflow tank. Where can I find one that will work?<br><br>Thanks. --Mike

cobranco

Loc.
Zeeland,MI
I used one of the plastic "JAZZ" tanks from Jegs. They make them with a full recovery tube. Easy to mount, they come with two 1/4-20 nuts molded into the plastic.

orange69

I bought mine at a local car part store. (Schucks a.k.a Schmucks!) Paid like $6 bucks for it. Works great.

66horse

Bronco Guru
[quote author=orange69 link=board=5;threadid=10011;start=0#72258 date=1034183441]<br>I bought mine at a local car part store. (Schucks a.k.a Schmucks!) Paid like $6 bucks for it. Works great.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Same here.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did 68 still have the overflow/fill bottle front center in the engine compartment? Both of mine have a stock overflow tank inside the RF fender. Someone here has a pic of it I know they showed here not to long ago.

Ranger77

Loc.
Albuquerque,NM
Anyone know where I can get an aftermarket one that mounts on top of the fender. All the tanks that the local parts stores sell won't work because the hose comes out of the bottom of the tank?

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Ranger77 link=board=5;threadid=10011;start=0#72341 date=1034204580]<br>Anyone know where I can get an aftermarket one that mounts on top of the fender. All the tanks that the local parts stores sell won't work because the hose comes out of the bottom of the tank?<br>[/quote]<br><br>I bought mine at Kragen... Can be mounted on the inside of the front grill (thats where I put mine) Or flat like on a fender top... Works great and was cheap.

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
Mike<br>I'll give you the one that came on my Bronco. When I replaced my rad it came with a tube all the way down the side, so I left it that way and took the tank off.

OP
OP
MKD

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
[quote author=alsroadster link=board=5;threadid=10011;start=0#72486 date=1034238529]<br>Mike<br>I'll give you the one that came on my Bronco. When I replaced my rad it came with a tube all the way down the side, so I left it that way and took the tank off.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey, thanks, Al. I'd love to have it. But I still don't think trading my old gas tank for it is an even trade... ;D

Krusher

Loc.
Brookhaven, MS
[quote author=J-DUB link=board=5;threadid=10011;start=0#72291 date=1034192202]<br>can't get it to work so here's a link Overflow<br><br>Thanks for the pic Krusher!<br>[/quote]<br>My Pleasure ;D ;D The tank had to be moved a bit from the stock location to accomodate the gas hood struts.<br>P.S. My pics are now in the photo gallery, pg 53, 2nd from the bottom.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I use one of those highly sought after puke bottles that I picked up at the convenience store ... it's a sport drink bottle and it sits between the two cables coming off of the battery . It works great and the key to a good puke bottle is to not over fill your radiator (or really over heat it ) ;)

Gordys74

Loc.
Southern Iowa
Mine has one but there is never anything in it. The radiator is always full so I figure 'what the heck'. Been thinkin about removing it wo I can put more tools on the fenderwell whilst workin on things. Another thing I like about Ol Bronc, lots of places to lay tools.