• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coolest Spare Tire Carrier Bracket Mods

FoMoCoBronCo

f8a55c729531fd8b5dfcd7ff4107effe.jpg

So, for those of you who have ditched your stock spare tire carrier, but didn’t remove the brackets, what have you put there? Flag mount? Radio antenna? Swing away grill or table for tailgating?

I have to believe some of the creative guys in here have fabricated something cool to go here and put those hinges to good use! Let’s see em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
CB/HAM antenna mount for sure. A few have done it, and I was going to do it forever ago, but had such good luck with my roof mounts, my cowl mounts, and my dual roll-bar mounts, that I never got 'round to it.
My table/stove/camping mount was for the back of my Hanson bumper mount tire carriers. Either the single wide swing, or the dual narrow swings (my preference). But never quite got round to that one either, even when I worked at Hanson! Insert rolling eyes here...

I think your idea of a combo mount for either a table or grille, or whatever, would be great.
I always thought of things that were hanging out on the tailgate side, but looking at your picture it would make sense for something to swing out to the side (think ranch-hand carrier) instead. Whether it's mounted all the time and just swings out when needed, or just the mount stays there for you to stick whatever appendages you have in the hole only when needed.

Great subject for discussion! Don't remember the last time we talked about them thar mounts.

Paul

OP
OP
F

FoMoCoBronCo

CB/HAM antenna mount for sure. A few have done it, and I was going to do it forever ago, but had such good luck with my roof mounts, my cowl mounts, and my dual roll-bar mounts, that I never got 'round to it.
My table/stove/camping mount was for the back of my Hanson bumper mount tire carriers. Either the single wide swing, or the dual narrow swings (my preference). But never quite got round to that one either, even when I worked at Hanson! Insert rolling eyes here...

I think your idea of a combo mount for either a table or grille, or whatever, would be great.
I always thought of things that were hanging out on the tailgate side, but looking at your picture it would make sense for something to swing out to the side (think ranch-hand carrier) instead. Whether it's mounted all the time and just swings out when needed, or just the mount stays there for you to stick whatever appendages you have in the hole only when needed.

Great subject for discussion! Don't remember the last time we talked about them thar mounts.

Paul

b441855b620929ef2aa9df5ad39c785c.jpg

This is obviously designed for the latest generation Broncos, but you could probably pretty easily fabricate a good attachment point for this table onto your spare tire carrier and run a ranch hand bracket to keep it stowed out of the way when not in use. This one folds up to only 1” thick when not in use, so it wouldn’t stick out too far. There’s other aftermarket options for a table like this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Never done it, but grill platform for the bottom, prep tray for the top... If you are hard core, a grinder on one, a vise on the other... inverter required though, of course.... Maybe a water filtration system of some type, dirty on top filtering to clean on the bottom... Lots of possibilities, only limited by how you think of what you need, and how to get it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Insert a bar a few feet tall with a hook up top (think old school shepherds crook) and make a nice shower enclosure.
Goes along good with that hot water pump you’ve got under the hood! :)

OP
OP
F

FoMoCoBronCo

Never done it, but grill platform for the bottom, prep tray for the top... If you are hard core, a grinder on one, a vise on the other... inverter required though, of course.... Maybe a water filtration system of some type, dirty on top filtering to clean on the bottom... Lots of possibilities, only limited by how you think of what you need, and how to get it.

Check this out- it was at SEMA- dual platform grill / prep for 6G broncos. Could easily fab for spare tire carrier attachment. Would be curious about rattling though.