• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

corporate ten bolt dana

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
hey does anyone know anything about the above i picked up some ch*vy spindles and backing plates this guy had another dana 44 and a corporate ten bolt he said it was 80s vintage and he thought the spindles are different but the backing plates look the same this guy also sells the spindles new for 75.00 each
between horsepower 11? and Toms Bronco i was unable to win the backing plates off of ebay kinda irked me to see what they sell the kits for while beating me on the bids but i understand they have to make money so i decided to go find my own i also found some in Monroe, LA

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Like he said, the inner bearing is too big. There isn't a way to use 5 lug rotors with those spindles.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
will the backing plates work off of the corporate i got the right spindles and backing plates off of an early dana 44 for myself but if the backing plates will will work i was going to pick them up for anyone on this site who could use them

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
Broncobowsher said:
Like he said, the inner bearing is too big. There isn't a way to use 5 lug rotors with those spindles.
there is one way, but you have to find a machine shop who'll put them on a lathe and turn them down to the correct size.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
73stallion said:
there is one way, but you have to find a machine shop who'll put them on a lathe and turn them down to the correct size.
There is another way... Get the chevy rotor drilled for a Ford pattern. But now you are getting away from the idea of a simple bolt on brake conversion that you can use off the shelf consumable parts. If you ever need rotors again you will need custome ones made again with the correct bolt pattern. Better to just get the right spindles so that future problems don't arise.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i am not asking about the spindles i understand the spindles will not work its the backing plate the part that holds the caliper that looks the same as the early dana i will check when i go back in a couple of weeks to see the guy told me he was pretty sure the spindles were different and it appears he was right but he also sells the correct spindles new for 75 each which is better than horsepower on ebay

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I am running the large bearing spindle backing plates, yes they work. Sorry for the confussion.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
great i will try to pick them up for future use that seems to be the hardest item to come by for the conversion as far as dollars spent it's for sure tom's and horsepower are buying them off of ebay for over 60 dollars for the pair