• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost for powdercoating?

OP
OP
Bigbird

Bigbird

I see ur from NY, if you keep ur EB inside and only take it out on sunny days you will be ok. BUT, and my opinion only, the harsh winters and salts on the road would keep me away from powdercoating. Again the powder doesn't get all the way in those tight spots and those will be the spots that you will see small rust drip stains. If u can have it sandblasted, you can primer it, seam seal all the nooks and crannies (or weld and grind down), and then you can paint it urself. Painting a frame can be done by most individuals. For less than $400 you can have a nice paint job far less than $1k and will hold up better than powdercoating jobs when put to the test found on northern roads in NY. Remember not to cover ur VIN plate on ur frame, may be in two spots and powdercoat may cover them up bc it goes on fairly thick. Don't beat me up, JMO.

Oh No, The Bronco will only see sunny days and kept inside when not in use. I'm not going to sink all this money in it and then drive in the salt and snow!!! No trails either. Just a nice sunday cruiser.

I guess I'll look into the paint option too.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
IF your on any sort of budget, then why not media blast it and paint it with POR15? I paid $75 to have my frame blasted and used about a pint of POR to paint my frame, that's less than $100 and it looks great.

Crimson66

Loc.
Olive Branch, Ms.
Whats your budget

I had my frame sand blasted $150 spent $200 for por 15 and did mine by the book. I must say if I had to do it again I would Powder coat all. Cost for both Axles and frame here in Memphis $800 including Sand Blast.