• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost to powder coat bumbers

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Here is a means of comparison.

I live in Northern VA, possibly the most expensive place to do anything, outside LA, and I paid $50 to have my dash and glovebox powdercoated, and then $300 to have my entire Protofab4x4 family roll cage powdercoated.

I would think that $300 would be a max for front & rear bumpers in comparison to the amount of surface are of roll cage I have.

I hope that helps!

Bill

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
i had my protofab front prerunner sandblasted and powdercoated for $125. so i'm guessing front and rear should be around monkeys estimate of $300

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
I don't know what it would cost, But why would you powdercoat something that will get scratched?

Let me voice my opinion,

$5.99 for a can of Rustoleum (any color) for each bumper with leftover paint to use for touch up.
Save your money for other parts

Bumpers are just that "BUMPERS". It is what it's called, It's there to "bump" things and it will get scratched up, no matter how careful you are.

How do you touch up powdercoat? You can't!
You can seal the peeling powdercoat but that's short term. It will come back.

But then again, this just my opinion.....

wilson

I have to agree with Madgyver on this I wheeled with my new bumpers last week and A little touchup with rustoleum and they will look fine. I'm rough on them off-road ;D

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Rattle can, like Mad mentioned. $2.99 a can for the 'premium' spray paint.

Powdercoating would be great though if you were only going to drive it on the street.