• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Could have Lost my Bronco and my wife

fastback

Loc.
Asheboro, NC
My wife had to drive the Bronco yesterday for the 1st time ever. One car was in the shop, and she had to go to the mall.
I assured her she would be OK. When she got back she was beeming and told me there was not a scratch on it. I asked her how she liked it and she said other than the steering being a little loose it was fun because all of the men were looking at her, like she needs any help with that.
Oh well If somebody takes her from Me Just please bring me my Bronco Back. ;D :(

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
My wife is the same way. When I first got mine, it was pretty rough. Now, she loves driving it to the store or especially Home Depot for landscaping stuff.
She always comes back with stories.

It gives me a little leeway when it comes to upgrades.

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
That would be a tragedy if you had lost your bronco, tough to replace, you should be more careful next time. No sense in sticking out yer neck. When she asks you again to take it out, just kindly and tactfully say no way.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I will say from experience that nothing gets attention like a woman in a classic Bronco. I've seen them slowly drive through the parking lot and then back out again, never even parking and going inside, just to get an eyeful.

Potshot

Ditto. Mine drove a little Bronco II when I met her. Something about a woman in a 4x4, expecially when it's hers. She said she bought it because it was like a toolbox on wheels.
Speaking of tools, we're selling our place in BC and she went up there to put it on the market and close the place up. She brought and shipped back a bunch of tools because she couldn't stand the thought of leaving them behind. My kinda woman. She loooves her '75 now.

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
Your wife has tools? She comes with tools, you are very fortunate. Thats like finding a bronco in original mint condition.

Ditto. Mine drove a little Bronco II when I met her. Something about a woman in a 4x4, expecially when it's hers. She said she bought it because it was like a toolbox on wheels.
Speaking of tools, we're selling our place in BC and she went up there to put it on the market and close the place up. She brought and shipped back a bunch of tools because she couldn't stand the thought of leaving them behind. My kinda woman. She loooves her '75 now.

ransil

Bronco Guru
My wife drove mine once, she won't do it again, something about the Detroit locker scares the crap out of her.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
I made that mistake also. She drove it to work and when I showed up (unanounced) she had all the guys crowded around. %)

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I worry about all the attention directed at my wife when she drives our 76. If she ran off with some gear head, what would I tell our ten grandkids?

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I have had my Bronco for 9 years longer than I have had my wife.. I sure would hate to lose the Bronco..

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I will say from experience that nothing gets attention like a woman in a classic Bronco. I've seen them slowly drive through the parking lot and then back out again, never even parking and going inside, just to get an eyeful.

We need pics to make our own evaluation.

smct04

Loc.
Hays, Kansas
I am the wife...

and it's my bronco. I would have a really hard time deciding between the husband, the dogs, and the truck. The dogs do fit in the bronco better than the husband!!