• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cragar Soft 8 Wheel Fitment

EB70

Contributor
I am contemplating running the Soft 8 Wheels. The black ones that Summit Racing has for about $45.00 bucks.

Has anyone tried these on their Bronco. I am looking at standard width axles, radius arms etc. Basically a 2.5" lift and the wheels will be 15x10's.

Any words on fitment etc.?

Thank you for your help, ROB

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
these are not the soft 8's, but they're the same size. 15x10, 4" back spacing, 2.5" lift. they'll fit just fine!

Attachments

• DSCN0398.JPG
    DSCN0398.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 82

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
Im running Cragar Soft 8's, 15x10's with 35's
2168241_5_full.jpg

OP
OP
E

EB70

Contributor
Cool. I was just wondering since I hear alot of talk about backspacing and wheels not fitting on these trucks.

Maybe I am having flashbacks to conversations with a friend that I used to work with. He could go on for hours about backspacing....... In hindsight, I think he was trying to fit 35"s and not have them stick out from the fenders.

Regardless, I think that those wheels look great. Those should fit my rig just fine.

Thank you for the pictures.

ROB

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now keep in mind that wheel fitment and backspacing issues depend on what steering and knuckles you happen to be running as much as anything. I know that my 77's tie-rod ends are pretty much touching the inside lip of the wheel with 3-1/2" or 3-3/4" backspacing. You may want to post up what knuckle/steering combo you're running so that those with similar setups can give their $.02.

BroncoMarc

Loc.
BroncOhio
I'm running some slightly modified soft 8s on my Bronco. I'm not having any clearance problems. ;D

I liked the price so much I bought another set for my trailer.

soft8.jpg

OP
OP
E

EB70

Contributor
If all goes well, I am going to get my 44 front this coming weekend. I believe that it is an earlier model 44 like a 73-4 model.

I'm not so worried about the tires sticking out as I just want to make sure that I don't rub on the inside.

BTW-I noticed that several of you are from Oregon, are you going to SOB?

It is my intention to attend, probably Bronco less though as mine is in progress.

Thank again, ROB