• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Curb Weight Empty Shell?

BroncoinAlaska

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Picked up an other 1977. Bronco is stock without engine, trans, and interior. What would be the weight of the stripped Bronco? I need to tow it a couple hundred miles. I have access to a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited, tow capacity is 3,500. I would also rent a uhaul car trailer.
Is the empty shell too close to the tow capacity?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Using a tow dolly instead of the heavy ass trailer will probably get you in weight.

I would also call a local tow company and see what they charge and avoid all the hassle. Your gas, the trailer, borrowing a Jeep, food and libations will probably be more than the tow. Doesn't hurt to call.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Or have your buddy, Chuck, haul it for you on his car hauler. Where is this rig? PM me or give me a call. 210-842-8617