• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

current state of the bronco market?

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Northwest Indiana here,
I've had my '77 since '95. Saw one other - a'76 - in my town of 21,000 then. Now I have two, and in my county of 100,000 there are about a half dozen. I flip out when I see one on the road!
It scares my wife when I freak out all of a sudden when I make a spotting ; !

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've seen about 15 in the past two years. I bought one of them. I've had three broncos from Iowa and one from Nebraska. There are some nice ones up in Omaha and then there are ones closer to mine, that I've seen on the road. I can remember when you could buy a running bronco for about $500. Now, parts broncos/projects run around 1,000 not running.

John

68beast

Loc.
Covina, Kalifornia
There are plenty here in southern california, my buddy (also na eb owner) is a sparklets guy, and he sees one every other day. Thet seem more expensive when they are for sale than other places. I still cant believe i got mine with a 351 for 4 grand, I havent yet seen one locally advertized for less

jeff68

Loc.
Hattiesburg, MS.
I guest the population around here is a little over 100k, and I've only seen three or four other running EB's, there are a few setting up.
But the folks that have them think that their worth a small fortune, for example I tried to get in touch with some folks that had one setting in their yard (been setting there for about five years) took about a year to contact the owner (college kid), He said it was running when he parked it and it is one of those 1975 models that everyone wants ???, he'll take 5k for it :eek:.
There is another setting up that 44's on it, also been setting for years for 2k. I just don't get it!
Jeff

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I live here in Portland , Or where I see a couple every month or so. Fo the most part the are in pretty rough shape though..... And when one is for sale in the area it brings top dollar, about 5000 for one that runs.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Update. there are apparently more in Gainesville Fl than i first suspected. The count is now 4 (5 when i get mine here). Woo-hoo. Except for the cut stocker with wide street tires.. :p

mtn_bronco

Loc.
Leadville, Colorado
I kid you not, in my small town of 3500 people I pulled up to a 4 way intersection. 3 early broncos (including myself) pulled up to the stop signs at once. Of course the other two were probably "original owners" (probably 70 years old)

:eek: Cool living in a mountain town that NEVER used salt.

Howard

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
i live in san diego and i know of at least 40 within a 5 mile radius. and i see different ones all the time.(lots of military) i`ve owned around 20 within the past few years. ;D you can still find them cheap here you just gotta look ;)

kxbronco

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
I live in Knoxville, TN. There are probably 5 within 5 miles of my house, including one in my neighborhood. There seems to be a lot of Broncos in the East Tennessee area. Prices are not to bad either.