• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Custom Dash Opinions & Suggestions

jjwtwice

Loc.
IGH, MN
Each has elements that I like. I really like the location of the vents on #1 to bad they won't fit with the defrost. I also like the stero in another location, I am thinking about how to incorporate in steering wheel controls for the stero this way I can have it mounted in the glove box or otherwise.

I know you like the original look but have you seen the new AC control panel from vintage air. (Image below) That would look good just below your center vents in #3 and same some more real estate.

Please PM me with your interior links. Would love to see what they have to offer.

Attachments

• Streamline 4 control Panel.jpg
    Streamline 4 control Panel.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I was poking around my rig at the body shop today... yes it's too bad the vents won't go up higher.

As far as other controls... I think the #3 is good as far as keeping deep switches out of the way of the cowl

I think having the stereo down south is going to work out much better in the long run and keeping more stuff from cluttering the actual dash

So #3 is too cluttered?

The intent down the road it to build a custom contoured dash out of carbon fiber with more modern controls and switches... but that's a next summer possibility

ocsoorlando

Loc.
Orlando
I have been planning a dash redo as well and was dealing with the overcrowding issue also. I have decided to do away with the glovebox and radio in the dash since I am doing a center console with a locking stereo compartment. You may want to consider that as well, just a thought.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I checked out the Terra Comp fiberglass dashes.... they say that they won't be available until the first of 2008...%)

Kinda bummin... so back to plan A...:eek:

mattt

Bronco Guru
Also, you might consider using Chucks all new dash, instead of a cover over. the two layers can make it hard to mount things in your new locations, and those that cut out the majority of the old one leaves a buch of butchered up metal. my vote is Chucks all new one. thats what we did in the BroncoNator.

Is Chuck's dash on the website? Is it a panel overlay, or a whole new dash?

I'm liking the fiberglass dash from Terra Comp, never knew it existed. Might be the best way to handle a custom dash layout.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I seem to remember that Chuck's would be out in December/January timeframe... I believe it's a full dash... not an overlay. Check with them though...