• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cutting and rethread F150 tie-rod

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Is there any information that I can give the local machine shop to help speed up his setup for cutting and re-threading my F150 tie-rod and draglink? Number of threads per inch..etc.

thanks
brian

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
They should be able to get that info from the adjusting sleeve. I have the die's at home, I will check them tonight and post the info.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
thought I had the thread pitch info but couldn't find it the one thing I can tell you is make sure they put reverse threads on the drivers side of the tie rod I would check out the links page here there should be more info there

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
Sorry for leaving ya hanging Brian, the info on my die is: HSS, 341075 (possible part#), 1-18 (pitch I believe). Two dies one right hand and one left. I hope this helps.

OP
OP
brian72

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Thanks for the info.
I was trying to have as much info as possible. In case they started talking about what they were going to do, I wanted to understand or go Yeah that sounds right.

thanks
brian