• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D-Line/rear axle angles Shims?????

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
AHHH Les Schwab to the rescue. Their lift guy says my rear axle angle is just off. Need shims or cut off the old mounts on the axle and put new ones on. <br>Don't know why I was so stupid he got it moving and shifted into N and no more vibration. I felt dumb <br><br><br>What would you do(shim/new mounts)?

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
if you can shift it to neutral and the vibration goes away, that is VERY little off. If he's sold you on that, the I would go with shims as little as you are talking about. be sure to use steel shims though. I've seen those cheap cast aluminum jobs get pounded into dust in a weekend. just my two cents.

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
does he have steel shims? if so, make sure they have a lip or pin to keep them aligned. I have heard of them working themselves out. good luck.