• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

d60 and 205 alingment

hummel

i have a fully built 90's ball joint d60 that i was intented for another project but know i plan to use on my '66. it has the far offset to the drivers side pumpkin, as compared to the late 70's kingpin d60 where the pumpkin is more in the middle. the d60 will connect to a np205. i dont really want to cut the d60 to move the pumpkin closer to the center to line up with the 205, but i will. does anybody have any experiece with a d60 and 205 in this type of setup??

thanks in advance for any adavice!

hummel

slider58

Loc.
OKC, OK
I am going with a full width D60 out of an '05, C6/doubler/205. My front drive shaft angles slightly to the left. It is actually helping me clear the C6. I can see no problem with it. Those u-joints do not know the difference. I have seen some farm implements run shafts with compound angles much greater than this. My front drive shaft is about 10 inches longer than stock though.

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
X2 the slight offset will work fine. I believe there's not enough room to run a c-wedge, but that's not a big deal just use the Cage weld on brackets or custom links.

BroncoBoy72

Loc.
Marana Arizona
You can make the C`s work but its really not worth it. Look into Ballisticfabrication.com my buddy Jeff makes brackets that allow you to run the coil and a set of the Cage radius arms or you can make some radius arms yourself. I am using a 87 king pin style 60 (when I get around to it..) and just going to run coilovers and wishbone style radius arms.

OP
OP
H

hummel

my biggest concern is it looks like the pumpkin will be right under the frame, have any of you had inference/hitting? granted there will be a lift and bumpstops as reqd.