• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dakota digital dash VHX

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Group,

My gauge cluster is pretty bad. Speedo jumps all around and I am not sure if all the gauges work. Is it hard to install one of these gauges? Auto wiring frustrates me so I am concerned that this is more than I want to tackle. Would I be better off getting my cluster re-built?

Thanks in advance

Sam

Attac

Contributor
Depends on the look you want. I put dakotas in a couple I built but I have a couple being refurbed by classy right now. The dakotas are plug and play. You hook all the origional wires to control box along with the couple of new sensors they send and then that box has one LAN cord that goes to cluster. I liked the controls that Dakota offers like speedo correction for gear and tire swaps but if I was going for the stock look I would have one refurbed.
Chuck

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I agree, a lot comes down to the look you are after. Thank being said the Dakotas are a great option and solve a number of issues and allow for many options and possibility for upgrades. Many to choose from and did I mention Free freight? Shameless plug click link if interested. Also two thumbs up for having Classy refeb a stock cluster if you like stock. https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Dakota_Digital

Jim