• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Damn.....

JLBachs

next summer you can brag that you have the least expensive ac unit out there

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Can't you just POR15 that?

I heard you can fix anything with that shiz ;)

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
well i'm gonna try and plan a pizza party after i get the new heads on and it running again. i have a new floor pan, and i have a 110 wire feed welder, but my welding skills lately suck!

here's my biggest problem, the hat channel is buckling. anybody have ideas on how to straighten it????

bax

Contributor
Old Member
put it on EBay and call it surface rust. That carpet is what did you in.

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
If that's "damn", then mine was ahh, sh@$, f&(#, F&(#, mother@#$#%^, piece of #$%!!! :)

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
put it on EBay and call it surface rust. That carpet is what did you in.

combination of the carpet and the rusted cowl, it's almost like a waterfall when it rains. i'll sell it to los angeles, they can call it art and hang it on the museum wall! ;D

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Ben

Plenty fixable, especially since you have the parts. Once you get the old floor sectioned out and the new pan fitted, you may be able to work the channel back up to the new pan section.

Hey, whats with needing head work ? I thought you did this awhile back ?

p.s. --- When did you leave the 45th ? You were gone Sunday morning when we all went to the test area

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
we left about an hour after the photo shoot. both of us were tired, i had t get back home and get ready for work.

as for the head work, i just put this engine in a few years ago. it's got proly between 15k and 20k miles on it, it was a crap build by a shop in phoenix famous for doing crap builds. it'll be good when i get done with this.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Aw stallion, come on!!!! You've been living on the left coast too long!!! You're starting to believe all that "no rust" stuff!!!!;D;D;D;D That's a simple floor board patch, you won't even need to cut out the toe board (well maybe)!!%)%)

They come a whole lot worse on this side the world!!!:cool::cool:
X2.

Its alot worst on this rock in the middle of the pacific ocean

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
well as of now i need gaskets, and hopefully i can get this thing running again. the samurai broke down today, so no vehicle to go get parts with. insurance money came in today from getting rear ended last week, so got money for gaskets. now which to fix first................................

*edit* samurai is fixed, now to get gaskets to get the bronco running!

Last edited: