• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 20 / dual transfercases

U

Unregistered

you guys are mixing facts up...
JR COOTS was the developer of the cold duck. he was a tow truck operator in the S.J. Valley area . he sold the rights to market the cold duck to wild horses... he then was killed by a freak train accident. Now wild horses is using the 203 as a doubler.. AA builds the parts for the kit under direction from wild horses. Jim gave AA all the specs for the kit, so AA is just making the kit per jim's specs. Therefore AA can't sell the parts on the side. With a limited quantity run and the fact that the kits are very specific in application , it is not advantagious for wild horses to split the kits up for various needs. If you feel you have the mechanical knowledge, the specs for building the adapter are listed on various doubler sites, but remember what time value you place on your labor. For me i measured the cost for me to do it versus the kit and found that the kit was a better choice. the 435 shaft alone was a couple bills. then factor the twin stick for the t case and then the cross member and etc... the wild horse kit is pretty all inclusive for the conversion

PS when did a C4 ever have a 203 on it... i thought it was the c-6/203