• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 30 Chevy Disc Conversion Question

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I did my Dana 30 Chevy disc swap 5-7 years ago. I am replacing all the bushings for a separate project and I want to replace the brake hoses. The hoses at the calipers are so corroded I can't believe they still work.

When shopping for replacement parts what make / model / year parts do I ask the counter guy for? Hoses, calipers, pads. I know I need to make up new steel lines.

Thanks!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
A lot of different things will work. Generally '74 Chevy Blazer 4WD (350 V8, Automatic) should get you something that will work. Might be a little different than you have now. But still usable.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Yes I'll say 74 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup or Blazer 4x4 Caliper & Caliper hoses.
... My cALIPER HOSE I USED A 3/4 COURSE NUT iT WENT on the outside of the nut & Held the hose in place IN THE BRACKET...
... jUST IN CASE Everco Used to make a Brake line called Bundy Flex. You could bend it & It didn't chimp.
... & A couple more numbers that work on that chevy conversion.
... Are seals 4250S
.. Disk Pads are D52 . & I'M SORRY BUT I PREFER THE CHEAPEST PADS YOU CAN BUY. the expensive one make noise. Cheap ones stop great for 35K miles.
Bearings are A35 R A37 or A45's.. That's from memory 20 years ago. SO.
& THE Inner spindle bearing is SBK1... I like the NAPA SBK1 Best because last time I bought those they had 4 items in the box. every one else only had 3 parts.
...... edit.
& I like just the 1973 BRONCO MASTER CYL. For the replacement. That all I've bought on about 3 or 4 swaps.