• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

dana 30 problems. maybe?

1970mule

Bronco Guru
So Here is the run down. I replaced the kingpins and what not on the passenger side of the dana 30. it was the more sloppy of the 2. so now it is tight as a drum, so I would think that some of the vibration would be out of the truck when I go above 62. Nope, same vibration. I will replace the other side, but could my problem just be I need to rebalance the tires I just got BFGs AT KOs,. what else could it be seems like all the steering linkage is tight. I have heims on the draglink and a heim on the draglink so it is good steering seems fine.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. My 1st thought was to either balance the tire. Or swap the back tires up front .. Swaping tire is sure easier than doing the other side of King Pins..
... Now I'll also say pinch your front side of the tires a twist or 2 inside on the alignment also. I run my front sides a good 3/8 pinched closer than the back.
... i DON'T THINK YOUR VIBRATION IS IN THE KING PINS.

OP
OP
1970mule

1970mule

Bronco Guru
.. My 1st thought was to either balance the tire. Or swap the back tires up front .. Swaping tire is sure easier than doing the other side of King Pins..
... Now I'll also say pinch your front side of the tires a twist or 2 inside on the alignment also. I run my front sides a good 3/8 pinched closer than the back.
... i DON'T THINK YOUR VIBRATION IS IN THE KING PINS.

Yeah I was thinking that it was not the kingpin either, so ill get them rebalanced and do a little more toe in. maybe the rims are crap. I was thinking of replacing them.