• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

dana 44 axle shaft alternative

bigbigtom

Loc.
Peachtree City, Ga
I was out wheelin and broke a stock drivers side inner axle. and i have little money. i was wondering if any other vehicles equiped with dana 44s had the same length drivers side axle with the 260x joint. i am hoping to spend only a couple bucks at junkyard

Thanks, Tom

defecater

Loc.
Osceola,IA
Seems like I read somewhere that a couple of years of early-mid 70's dodge would fit too (inner short side only, not the stub)

4x4x289

Seems like I read somewhere that a couple of years of early-mid 70's dodge would fit too (inner short side only, not the stub)

yes, about 14 years ago i posted that on the eb mailing list :eek: .

If I remember right, it is a 74 dodge right side inner. It gives you the large u-joint. No trimming. I'll need to look that up again. I've got one on mine.

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
outer shaft. btt

IM reviving this thread b/c I have a few q's.
I havnt really worked on my bronco since college and seem to have forgotten all the information I used to know.:(

Anyway, I swapped in a 44 off a 77 and replaced the shafts with cut down F150 shafts to aquire the larger (297x?) u joint. I end up grenading the passenger side joint which also f*ct up my outer stub(?) shaft yoke. What dana 44 outer shafts will work for my application? Not just f150 right?

mr.n

eb_axles.gif