• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IL Dana 44 Drum Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAveboys

Looking for a set of dana 44 Drum brakes, just the backing plates and maybe the drums. What do you have?

bigdaddyof4

Loc.
Vincennes, IN
I do believe this is the first time I've seen anyone ask for drum brakes. If you had disk setup i would trade you, I'm across the river from you.

OP
OP
D

DAveboys

The front dana 44 11 inch brakes, will bolt on to the rear data 44 in an early jeep to replace the factory 9 inch brakes. My 11 yo son is in the process of building a basket case jeep, and we are wanting to put the bigger brakes on it. I can get new except the backing plates from rockauto for about $35 a side, except the backing plates. The backing plates are available from jeff's bronco grave yard for about $25 each. I was looking here because I thought this was the kind of stuff people throw away. I do have a lot of ford stuff I could trade if anyone is interested.

Below are some pictures of the build

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.847002252006340&type=1&l=5fddb322ec

Last edited:

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i have a set from the 44 that you can have cheap. backing plates are fine, but one of the spindle housings got bent trying to knock it off, so i dont have the complete set up, but you dont need that anyway. You would have to press the spindle housing out of the drum IIRC

PM me if you want pics. they are not cleaned up at all

Hank

OP
OP
D

DAveboys

I think the Dana 30 brakes are only 10 and not 11 inches but let me know if I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.