• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

dana 44 from a scout

hose101

Contributor
will a 44 from a 1980 scout II with disk brakes be a good donor for disk conversion? I did a search and found a few tid bits that lead me to believe it might be. Any thoughts. Just $50 for the whole 44

Louie

Bronco Guru
My Scout D44 with db has been there for about 15 years & has been working just fine. I don't know all the details since it was there when I bought it. The only thing I've done to it so far is check the axles & swap out the hubs. It is 27 spline. For $50 you can't go wrong!

Attachments

• hub.JPG
    hub.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Warn 9062.JPG
    Warn 9062.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 11

40cent

Loc.
Marysville, WA
I think the knuckles are different so you would have to use everything from the knuckle out, even the outer axles.

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
thanks for the info, i was looking to do the cheby conversion when i got a chance then i ran across this. Haven't seen the piece yet but if the conversion is a simple one the price would be right.

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
broncomitch, what did you have to use for the install. was it nuckle out or was it more like the cheby conversion?

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I hate scout stuff, it seems to cost more, and harder to find then normal Chevy stuff.
If its all in working order, its not a bad price, but for next to nothing, you can grab some GM spindles at the junkyard, and then buy everything new at the parts store, and run the GM disc's.