• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 60 front and rear ends. what are they worth?

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
I have a 79 F250 4x4 that has a Dana 60 front and rear ends. I was going to restore the truck but i don't have time for it and with my other projects and now this bronco i just got i know i will not have time. I was wondering what these units would be worth. I know the front is a Dana 60 and i think the rear is to but i could be wrong on the rear. Anyhow the front is what would be worth the most so what is a good price for something like this. It has disk brakes with twin piston calipers. The truck had a small engine fire and that's why its no longer in use so the rear and front ends are still in good working condition. Any info on how much these would be worth and where i could sell them would be great. I will also have a 4 speed trans and Transfer case that i can sell too.

Thanks
Mike

Case

depends on what trans and transfer case. is it the np 435 and 205 transfercase?? IF the front end is a high pinion it will be worth more.

Amac70

ME
if the front is a 60 you should be able to get upwards of a thousand dollars. but not that many f250 had 60's in em. most are 44's.

OP
OP
M

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
Here are some pics. maybe these are not Dana 60 units but they sure look like it to me. Maybe you guys can tell what they are from the pics i could get today. It was real wet around the truck so it was hard to get under it for good pics.

Mike
DSC01507.JPG

DSC01508.JPG

DSC01510.JPG

DSC01512.JPG

DSC01514.JPG

DSC01518.JPG

DSC01519.JPG

DSC01520.JPG

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
Dana44 front dana 60 rear. Front is worth around 100-150 and rear is worth 50-100.

OP
OP
M

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
So the front is a Dana 44. I guess the front hub would be the same size as the rear if its a Dana 60. LOL would the brakes work on a Bronco Dana 44?

Mike

Loc.
Speedwell TN
the vast majority of 79 f250's had heavy duty, high pinion dana 44, which is what yours is. only a few came with the dana 60, snow king f250 comes to mind. it is true, from the hub, each are very similar. you need to get up there around the stump with a wire brush and scaper, find an id number, and research on the pirate site. i believe you will find it is a dana 44. now as to value. in my mind these are worth more than a run of the mill 44. for 3 simple reasons there are NO c brackets welded on that sucker, it has 8 lugs and huge disc brake. i would keep that rascal if i were you. good axle to have around.~bill

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
Mike Hall said:
What lets you know that the Front end is a Dana 44? This is what made me think the front end was a Dana 60. This is a pic of a Dana 60 off another website. This looks The same as the hub on my F250. They said this was the easiest way to tell them apart but maybe there is something else im missing.

Mike

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/Dcp_4510_copy_small.jpg
Well, if it was a 79, 60 it would have king pins, not ball joints.

OP
OP
M

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
Well, anyone want to get the whole truck? LOL was running untill an engine fire so everything should be fine other than the engine wires and stuff on top of the engine. They where out in the fied doing work and had to throw sand up on the engine to put the fire out but there is a filter on the carb so maybe none got in the engine. Im in south GA if you would like to look at the truck.

Mike

fatcatmatt74

Loc.
Jupiter FL
im interested in the truck you can email me at
fatcatmatt74@hotmail.com
ill be in savannah the next few days but ill be back home near jacksonville by the end of the week to maybe come look at it. anyway lets take this off forum.
e mail me.
matt