• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash light removal?

Darren

Loc.
Edmonton, AB.
Hey guys, how do you replace the lamps in the dash lights ... specifically the wiper/heater/etc? I reached in the back and I got the plug out but I stopped when it looked like I would break something.
Thanks ... Darren

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
The light bars are sealed and non repairable. Some guys have successfully grafted in small LEDs to get them working. They whole light bars are recently available aftermarket from most of the vendors.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And yes, you may very well brake the housings trying to get the originals out of the dash. Usually just cracks though, so if they were still serviceable, it wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

But with the new ones finally available (and looking very snazzy when turned on I might add!) it's not as important to save the old ones.
But they sure are a tight fit in there! I've broken and saved a couple of sets over the years. Gotta squeeze pretty tight to clear the little tabs. I think there are two on top and two on the bottom, so it takes a goodly squeeze to get them past the dash.

Good luck.

Paul

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I used a step drill for mine. Go slow and it works slick.

Attachments

• step bit_.jpg
    step bit_.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 0