• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash Lights Stopped Working

Gray035

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
Turned on the headlights the other day and all the instrument lights stopped working all at once. I saw them come on for a second and then...nothing. All the instrument cluster lights and the indicator bars under the wipers knob headlight knob etc. I thought it was possibly a ground issue but I haven't found any grounding problems yet. Any ideas about where I should start?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Try rotating the headlight sw knob. If they still don't work look at the short fuse in the fusebox.

matts70

Loc.
Northwest Indiana
Check your headlight dimmer switch. Seriously. I spent a lot of time and money trying to fix mine and it turned out to be corroded connections/faulty dimmer switch. Others have found the exact same thing.

OP
OP
Gray035

Gray035

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
When I put a new fuse in none of the lights work. When I turn the dimmer all the way to where it clicks (to turn on the dome light, which I don't have) the fuse blows. Any ideas?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
You have a short it there somewhere...Look behind the dash to make sure there are no naked wires rubbing or touching.....has it got wet anywhere in there lately?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
A short to ground in the black-blue wire. That's map light (near cluster) or dome light (through windshield frame).

Attachments

• dome light2.jpg
    dome light2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 17