• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash lights

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
Does anyone reproduce or know where you can find the small rectangle light bezels for a 74 EB. They are about 1/2" wide and 4 or 5 inches long and there are two of them in the center of the dash to tell you what the heater controls do.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
they're marked as follows;

[lights] [hazard] [wipe-wash]

and

[pull def] [heat.fan] [pull temp]

i have the first one in my hand, but i need to look for the other one. it can't be far from the other, but it's dark and i can't find it. as far as condition, the chrome is not great, but there are no cracks. i have never tested the lights. as far as price, how's $10.00 shipped?

OP
OP
myscott22

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
73stallion said:
they're marked as follows;

[lights] [hazard] [wipe-wash]

and

[pull def] [heat.fan] [pull temp]

i have the first one in my hand, but i need to look for the other one. it can't be far from the other, but it's dark and i can't find it. as far as condition, the chrome is not great, but there are no cracks. i have never tested the lights. as far as price, how's $10.00 shipped?

DEAL, e-mail your address and I will send payment today, Thanks Bunches
Scott
scottphillipsent@aol.com

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i can't find the one for the heater controls. do you want the one, or do you want to wait and see if i can find both?

OP
OP
myscott22

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
73stallion said:
i can't find the one for the heater controls. do you want the one, or do you want to wait and see if i can find both?

I need both If you can find them if no I will take the one. I will keep my fingers crossed that the other one is just hiding. Let me know how it goes and I will send you the money. I think we should use e-mail now tho. here is mine scottphillipsent@aol.com
Scott

OP
OP
myscott22

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
73stallion said:

73stallion What happened? I have tried and tried to contact you for your address to send the money but you won't respond. Hope everything is OK. I do want to buy even the one. Hope someone didn't back door me that would be shi^y.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
myscott22 said:
73stallion What happened? I have tried and tried to contact you for your address to send the money but you won't respond. Hope everything is OK. I do want to buy even the one. Hope someone didn't back door me that would be shi^y.

Yes it would. I might have a couple of extras if you don't get those. I had my frames powder coated and am assembling some with LED internals. I might have a spare one or two.

:)

OP
OP
myscott22

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
HotWheels said:
Yes it would. I might have a couple of extras if you don't get those. I had my frames powder coated and am assembling some with LED internals. I might have a spare one or two.

:)

Thanks HotWheels, I might take you up on that, I will wait a couple days to see what happens. I also would be interested in you LED progress.
Scott

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
myscott22 said:
Thanks HotWheels, I might take you up on that, I will wait a couple days to see what happens. I also would be interested in you LED progress.
Scott

I'll take some photos...and do a small tech article.

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
hey HotWheels,

How did you line up the LED's? I am in the middle of that same project. I found that you need to remove the thicker plastic layer behind the letters or else the LED light will not go trough (at least on mine). Also, i am using super sized / ultra bright blue LEDs.

You'll probably beat me to finish this so i am interested in seeing what approach you took to position the LEDs inside the plastic case and what (if any) connectors you used.