• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash pads

dougsride

Did all broncos come from the factory with a dash pad. Were they all black?

Timstrk

They were not all black. Ranger editions had color keyed dash pads. Mine came with a green one and well as a green painted dash.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Most were black but Rangers were fitted with pads which coordinated with the interior color. There were several different color pads. I think pads were optional in early years….

OP
OP
dougsride

dougsride

Interesting. I have a lime green 73 ranger with the houndstooth seats that appears to have been an olive green/avocado look. bronco hut has a avocado colored dash pad and I wondered how that would look or if that would have been the stock color for the lime green paint

jckkys

Bronco Guru
They were optional in '77's so I guess that was one of the early years.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
They were optional in '77's so I guess that was one of the early years.

No, I forgot about the change for ‘77. In Todd’s book, in the section on ‘77 models, he states that the dashpad, passenger side seat, and locking hubs were changed from standard features to options on base models. They were not optional every year, he mentions them as standard in the section on 70-72 models.

Last edited:

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interesting. I have a lime green 73 ranger with the houndstooth seats that appears to have been an olive green/avocado look. bronco hut has a avocado colored dash pad and I wondered how that would look or if that would have been the stock color for the lime green paint

Certainly someone with a ‘73 Ranger will chime in.....hard to tell from the ‘73 brochure, but it looks dark or black. It was color matched in 1974, not specifically mentioned in either year’s brochure - but shown in the avocado interior pictured. There is a faded avocado dash under the black dash cover on my ‘74.

Attachments

• 48D30B90-A395-4FEC-A5BD-1DB3A201CDB2.jpg
    48D30B90-A395-4FEC-A5BD-1DB3A201CDB2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 640D24B7-81CE-438F-9D86-FF3F9D08D8CF.jpg
    640D24B7-81CE-438F-9D86-FF3F9D08D8CF.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 58

RVB

Contributor
My '73 Ranger, color code Z, came with a ginger colored dash pad.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I'm sure Todd's book is very accurate. My info is physical evidence, in that I'm the original owner and mine never had a dash pad. The screw holes never had screws in them. I didn't get a chance to order options when I found Ford had gone to a shortened F150 and dropped the real Broncos. It was the only new EB I could find at a dealer.

OP
OP
dougsride

dougsride

Thanks for the replies. To be honest the avocado dash pad in the mecum photos looks kinda ugly to me .might have to do a reset.

TheLimeRanger

the avocado dash is awesome! i have a 74 ranger with avocado interior. my only advice to you is not to bother with bronco hut. i called them last september about an avocado dash pad.............still waiting on that call back after calling them 3 more times after that. i ended up going with Nick at northeast classic ford parts and he did a color match. its perfect.