• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

dash question-fuel tank selector

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
does anyone know how to remove this from the dash? ive got everything else out of the dash but cant figure out how to remove this to put it in the new dash i have.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
The bezel should be the same as most of the other switches unless the PO did his own switch..

WIPERBEZELNUT.jpg

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I did my dash I was on a severe reduced budget. I had some old Taiwanese (remember them?) sockets that were cheap but handy. I found one that the OD fit the outside of the bezel and ground it so it had two nipples on it, then put it in the drill press and bored out the center to fit over the switch lever. 1/4" drive and I still have it almost 20 year later.

Jonboy69

I have used long tip needle nose plyers to slip into the grooves & then twist. It works pretty good.