• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash switch question...Wiper switch control Hella lights?

conor_nolen

Loc.
San Francisco
Has anyone ever set up there wiper switch to control something other than the wipers (I do not have wipers)? I have Hella lights on the front of my Bronco but would like to use that switch to control the lights vs drilling another hole in my dash.

Appreciate any thoughts out there.

Thanks!

OP
OP
C

conor_nolen

Loc.
San Francisco
Wiring Harness...

I just installed a full Painless kit which included the wiper switch. Just wasnt sure if the wiper switch can act as a true on/off switch. Thanks for the suggestion on signature. Will explore that.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
You can put a different switch in that hole if you want. I use a headlight switch that i can controll three sets of lights with. The first click out (park Light) controls the inner two most lights above my windshield. The next click out (headlight) controls the outer two lights above the windshield. The rheostat click (dome) controls the two on my bumper. So turn the knob and boom. Driving lights. Pull it out one click and boom two above lights. Pull it out one more and boom all 4 on

But if you just one a swirtch then use a hazard switch. Its just a simple push pull and then you can put a plain bezel on it

OP
OP
C

conor_nolen

Loc.
San Francisco
@Crush...You seem to have a solid plan here. I think a simple on/off plan is ideal because of other switches I have set up already. Is this the switch you are referring to? https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Emergency_Flasher_Switch_Dash_Mounted/Bronco_Switch_Parts

If so I worried I am going to have the same issue in that the wiper hole (which I am trying to use) is offset and not flush and therefore the neck of the switch that the bezel screws onto is not deep enough.

Thoughts?

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Conor - yep thats the one i was referring to. If you get it and a matching knob and bezel it should fit in the wiper hole. Then just run wire from it to keyed hot and one from it to a relay that controls your lights.

Steve - i think he is wanting a push pull type switch instead of one that you have to turn. Easy to tell when its on or off. If not then inwould prolly use the wiper switch too.