• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dealing with Exhaust

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
This is a "Beat the Dead Horse" type of thread, but I haven't found any conclusive solutions to the exhaust-killing-back-seat-passengers-problem!

The MOnkey Mobile already have the exhaust leaving the tailpipes at a 45 degree after the rear tires. Aside from finally installing all the weather stripping around the front doors, what other solutions can I do?

HELP!

Bill

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Hi monkey!!!

other than doing the liftgate seals and door seals you should be fine.
The location you have your pipes is the correct one by most means to exhaust the gases without gassing the passengers.
If you still have gas problems try extending the exhaust tips or turning them down.

TOFIC

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Thanks for the advice.

I have sold my hard top, so I am just running the soft top, but I haven't yet installed the tailgate seals yet....yeah, I have been avoiding the Weatherstripping goo like the plague!

I'll look into the extended tips when I rebuild the block/tranny/tcase in a year or two.

Cheers,

bill

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
IM.0695_zp.jpg

OK, well maybe just a simple turndown would do the trick. Of course, your trailgate seals should help some too.

J.D.

RT

Bronco Guru
The rear corners of my Kayline don't seal worth a damm.. I had a upholstery guy add some material to the top so it would wrap lower and cover the corners better and it helped a lot.

Good luck.

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I ended mine right over the axle pointed at the ground. No more issues at all. The bad part is it kicks up a lot of dust when you get on it, but other than that it is perfect.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Drive Faster?
put all the weather strip in and make sure your jetting is on if your getting fumed out then your jetting or timing is off you should be barely able to smell the exhaust of a properly jetted and tuned vehicle.

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
My old exhaust used to 45 out the corners. The fumes were horrible. I believe if the tips were turned down or exited at a 90 it would have helped. So when I changed engines and swapped to headers I had to redo my system. I did a 2 into 1 and crossed out side the frame with the muffler tucked up under the pass rocker with a 90 turned out and down. I don't get any fumes with widows up or down. But with the way the pipe is angled it really stirs the dust on the trail when it gets really dry. Just a minor flaw and I may extend the tail pipe to behind the rear tire later on.