• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

TRSmith99

Loc.
Oakland
Hey All!

So, budget is finally coming together and I have the opportunity to "invest" a few dollars in my 70 Bronco. Part of this will include the body/paint this fall (finally). I also have some reserve dollars...

Question is.... where best to invest those dollars... So, I am turnin to the experts!

Options I am considering...

1. Headlight Upgrade (nice to drive at night)
2. Speedo rebuild with improved lighting (nice to drive at night)
3. New rear bumper/tire rack (not sexy, but utilitaritian)

thoughts....?

Suggestions...?

T-

dprio34

Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I would definitely do a relay upgrade on the headlights. LEDs are a bit spendy. I would re-evaluate after you see how much brighter things are with the relays I place.

What is the matter with your speedo?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I just replaced wiring and made really good grounds and my headlights were way better.
Most folks think they are aftermarket now.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
What's the status of it now T? running driving well, just adding Mods to make it function better for ya?

Headlights would be a nice upgrade.

OP
OP
T

TRSmith99

Loc.
Oakland
I would definitely do a relay upgrade on the headlights. LEDs are a bit spendy. I would re-evaluate after you see how much brighter things are with the relays I place.

What is the matter with your speedo?

I previously upgraded the wiring with a Painless 22 circuit system. I'm quite happy with it and everything works great. Having said that, just looking for both improved functionaity as well as a little of the "wow" factor. I am also looking at possibly adding some fog lights. (I don't offroad. This is my "weekend warrior" rig - used for Mtn Biking, Snow Skiing, Beach, etc.).

As for the speedo, technically - nothing wrong with it. The Speedo and gauges are all working fine. However, its obvoiusly showing its age, and even with LED backlights its just.... well... dim.

Other thoughts/suggestions...?

T-

OP
OP
T

TRSmith99

Loc.
Oakland
What's the status of it now T? running driving well, just adding Mods to make it function better for ya?

Headlights would be a nice upgrade.

Current status is "weekend warrior" rig. ; >
Its not a "daily driver", but what I use on the weekends for all my hobbies - Mtn Biking, Snow Skiing, Beach, Dog Hauler, Home Depot, etc.

I have previously upgraded the wiring harness (Painless 22), disc brakes on the rear, SS brake lines, new master cylinder, new shocks, headers/exhaust, DUI HEI distributor, interior is done. What's left - is the body/paint work and then the "accessories" and "wow" factor.

I am leaning towards the rear bumper/tire rack. I would like to get the spare mounted and that would then allow me to reupholster the rear seat and have it available (if I ever decided to put 4 people in the Bronco).

T-

andyp

Contributor
Do the body and paint. Wait until that is finished. Your priorities might change.