• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Desperately needing help-stolen Bronco/trashed

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
In Ohio a Mechanic has to file for a Lien on the vehicle, some hoops to jump through. If he didnt do that he owes you some $$

OP
OP
W

whoopeerabbit

Yes, here in Texas IF there is a mechanic's lein, the person who owes money has to be notified by certified mail; then the mech has to file PS Form 3800 and PS Form 3811 with the county tax office with an administrative fee within 10 days. After the vehicle sells, anything over the lein amount has to be given to the original owner. THEN a copy of VTR-265-M (Mechanic's Lein Forclosure) has to be filed with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. I have been unable to find ANY mechanic's paperwork trail in my research. Since it's prohibitively expensive to use an attorney for this, I'm fortunate to have gotten some excellent legal *suggestions*. Tomorrow the demand letter will go out certified, and then it's a 10-day wait before I can file suit.

BTW, have any of you checked out NADA's value on vintage Broncs? Here's a link for the prices on 1971 Broncos:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...014&y=1971&m=1065&d=2856&o=2806&vi=91253&da=1

Low retail value for the base Bronc is $7475. Mine was in the partial-restored, better than just usable 'as is', 80% original. This is the value I'm listing as a replacement value of kind. I have contacted my original mechanic-the one who did the engine work and some retoration. He's willing to go court with me as a witness. He wanted to buy my toy a while back as well.

For those interested, I'll post again as soon as there is any answer or a court date is set.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Hope it works out for you...do keep us posted as things progress.

OP
OP
W

whoopeerabbit

Well, I have filed suit; hearing date has been moved twice! We'll be seeing the judge at the end of this month-March.

Apparently Texas 'law' recognizes an updated oral contract through a process called 'novation'. The contract was restarted by mutual agreement well within the statute of limitations. He filed an answer via an attorney citing the SOL having run out on the ORIGINAL agreement. He DIDN'T refute any of the facts where he did me wrong.

Since he wanted me to do some additional work that he never left a deposit for, he'll be owing me for that as well.

The DOJ has also taken my complaint for review. I need to contact them again as soon as the hearing completes.

Yeppers, I'm still in the market for another.