• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Desperately Seeking Vin Number

clayhol

I recently tore my rusted body off and replaced it with another rust free body...just went today to re-new insurance and of course we cannot find a Vin anywhere on the new body..(not that I wanted to find it cause it wouldn't match my old vin) but the problem at hand is WHERE IS MY OLD VIN ? I figured its on the frame somewhere(I have meticuloulsy POR-15'd my frame too) I checked pass. side behind spring on frame..nope...where oh where else did they stamp them? Does any one know? Please help...I wanna go play with my new toy. The truck I had originally was apparently a 66. Although there were many non 66 things going on with it...I didn't even look for a vin number then(bought it from a dealership and never thought about it) So I'm hoping there was a place they stamped ALL bronco's the same.
Anyone who knows this stuff the help would be appreciated.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Look on the frame rail on the passenger side about where the heater box is. The other obvious vin and the one that usually counts is the VIN plate on the glove box door. You did save that part didn't you?:-X

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Look on the frame rail on the passenger side about where the heater box is. The other obvious vin and the one that usually counts is the VIN plate on the glove box door. You did save that part didn't you?:-X

If it was a 66 it wouldn't be on the glove box, but on the kick panel, about 7 inches up from the floor.

The frames also have had them stamped on the top of the right side frame rail about even with the heater box as was stated. Stamped on the top of the right side frame rail just behind the passenger floor body mount, or just behind the 3rd body mount.

Grant

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Vin tag would be on the kick panel. I have seen the vin number on the engine side of the fire wall just above the motor. Your vin number should also be on the title of the truck. And on the passenger frame rail as in the pics above.