• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did EB Sport Have Original External Spare

fasteddie

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Hello to all EB Collectors,
My 77 Sport has the Spare Tire Carrier inside the cab and I would like to relocate it to the outside (more room for cold drinks and my 120lb lab to go backroading/offroading). Did the Sport packages ever come original with this option and if I decided to mount it on a purchased original swing arm externally, would I be hurting the originality of the EB? Thanks for viewing, J. E. Doughty-Colorado Springs, CO
Also, is there any Early Bronco Clubs in CO Springs?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Tire carrier won't hurt the value at all. Most people will tell you NOT to hang a big tire back there because the quarter panel isn't that strong in that area once you get bouncing around. Lots of Colorado guys on this site. Go up above and click on member list and search by state to see them all ( or most of them ) . Welcome aboard :)

KevinT70

Loc.
Santa Clara, Ca
My '70 Sport has the swing-out carrier from the factory. I think it's more common than not and will not hurt the value. If anything, it will help...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I had a 70 sport that had the outside rack but my 71 sport has the inside tailgate mount to the best of my knowledge the outside tire carrier was an option on the base and sport models and standard on ranger models.