• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did Ford fumble the ball last night?

Eldrik

Loc.
Tampa Bay, Florida
So, if Ford is in fact bringing the Bronco back in the next couple of years, I think they missed a 'golden' oppurtunity last night.
50th Super Bowl, 50th Ford Bronco anniversary...
Am I the only one that thinks maybe there shoulda been a teaser comercial?
Perhaps a highlight reel of Broncos from the past, followed by a shot of some vague Bronco prototype hiding under a sheet... Ending with 'Bronco: 50 years, and counting...'
Maybe Ford isn't ready to reveal their future plans.
But the rest of us are more than ready to have something new to get excited about!
And seeing that JEEP comercial just made me shake my head. %)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You're right, that would have been a good idea.
But maybe they still haven't made the decision to go ahead with the project?

In that case they sure wouldn't want to throw a couple of million into it just yet.

Paul

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I thought one of the Jeep commercials were a bit strange. The one with all the faces. Maybe the Fiat influence??

Brent13

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I daily drive a Rubicon Unlimited, and loved the Jeep commercials. Yes, a Ford commercial of the Bronco would have been sweet, but that didn't happen. It would have made perfect sense, 50th anniversary of the Bronco and all having meaning with it being the 50th Super Bowl.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I don't know, commercials were so bad last night, I'm not sure Ford would have wanted to be associated with the year of the worst ones anyway.

wepuckett

But would of been a great way to see if the influx of wants or requests for them want them back as if they decided not to do it would of been a nice write off

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
And wasn't it just fitting that the year of the 50 Anniversary of the Bronco had the Bronco's winning the Super Bowl? No way you could have planned that.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
If Ford remade the Bronco it wouldn't be worthy to wear the badge.

NO manufacturer has the disposable income to take on Wrangler on their level in their market.

Wrangler wins. Solid axles, full removable top. Evolved enough to stay alive with solid axles thus far. I understand that may not be the case here shortly, but it's stayed true to its roots.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
The juice dropped the ball ...on the Bronco.

Yeah. 50 years of the Bronco & 50 years of the Superbowl is probably just too close to 20 years after OJ. They have to be avoiding as much of that as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if white isn't even offered.