• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did Ford REALLY make this ?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
feitctaj said:
NOBODY knows if FOrd made this ?

Yes, they made them, and they're not very common (I've never seen one). I used an auto column shift version for several years myself. This one is too high priced, imho.

Why do you want to do a column shift 4 speed?

Todd Z.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This a new one on me. I worked at one of the Ford plants in Lou.,KY in '79 and I've never seen or heard of one .

OP
OP
feitctaj

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
I like the novelty of the manual column shift, cause growing up , my parents had a peuogot with a 4 speed on the comlumn, and do loved my column trhree speed on my EB :)

Broncobowsher

Total hack
It just says 4 speed, not 4 speed column shift. A tilt column in a ’79 is fairly rare. Most were on upscale truck with the column shifted autos. So a clean column (no shifter at all) that is also tilt in ’79 is what he is selling. For that price it better be in new condition.

As for a column shifted 4 speed, look at mopars from the 70’s

Broncobowsher

Total hack
feitctaj said:
got any idea what models or years?
I remember reading the instruction on a 4 speed column shift in the owners manual of the '76 Plymouth fury I learned to drive in. That car only had the 3-on-the-tree and a slant 6. Great car but the body rot makes Broncos look like they are made out of stainless steel.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
oh2bnok said:
I think he is talking about a clean tilt column w/o shifter and maybe w/o the ignition key.

That's exactly what he's talking about. Offered in '78 and '79 trucks.

Todd Z.