• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Diesel Bronco not running

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
SO MY Bronco is still not running ..
One of the Diesel techs helping me from time to time . He keeps telling me things I don't agree with him on.
.... But now one item he keeps thinking is going wrong with my Bronco Is .. our Bronco have this plastic line for fuel .. He keeps telling me it's collapsing inside it. I say B/S that line has been used for ever.
But he thinks mine has a liner inside it & the liner is collapsing.
.... ANY ONE EVER had an issue with the plastic line .

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
you tried taking a hose from the lift pump to a can of fuel and see if it runs? that would be easy and cheap to try, I have seen diesel eat or soften plastic hose and rubber hose that is not raided for diesel

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I recently had to switch over to fuel injection grade hose, I was actually having the line colapse on the normal cheap fuel hose. It did fix the problem and runs great now.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That nylon fuel line isn't going to collapse and it does not have a liner..

I've seen more than one fuel tank pickup completely clogged up.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Another thing you might want to check is the return line from the injector pump. I have had these plug on several different pieces of equipment over the years and they will not run with it plugged.

unimogger

Loc.
Philthadelphia
99% of all of my diesel starting issues are fuel supply related. An air leak is as bad as a restricted line. As noted, diesel will soften some regular fuel lines, make sure it's all diesel rated. (especially biodiesel, it softens things quickly).
Fresh filters? Return intact and free?
If you're stumped, get it running from a temp tank with clean fuel and a new hose.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
i'VE DONE ABOUT EVERYTHING MENTIONED ALREADY .
Basically i JUST GOT TO HAVE TIME & cool enough weather to check it more .
....... Yes I had a new plastic tank of fuel ... It's the tank of fuel I take to the tractors in the field when I go to refuel them .
BUT Some how it got about 6 inches of water in it also . So how I got water in my Body tank . SO I BYPASSED IT .. Thinking I had new fuel in this Surge tank. But it had water in it also .
They were filled at different times ... SO The water didn't come from one trip to town .
SO NOW I'VE gone & got a 3rd tank of new fuel . I'll try & empty the 18 gallon tank this weekend . & Jimmy My helper & I we're talking about how to handle all this water tonight .. As he was working on another steering column ...
WE DECIDED TO THROW THE 18 GALLON AWAY . & Then run the elec lift pump & that'll pull everything out of the Body 11 gallon tank . & We can reroute it into the 18 gallon plastic tank & TOSS no2 tank.
... & Then drop the inlet line into the last new clean tank of fuel & use the Electric pump to push it through my Injection pump & back through the return line into the stock Body tank & Then we need to pull this tank & empty it . & Check the gauge assmbley for any leaks & Make sure the fuel sock has been removed .