• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Directional control interface

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Ok I'm talking about the steering wheel. I just saw an episode of Chop Cut Rebuild and they used a new reproduction style steering wheel for a Bel Air. It was an exact replica of the stock wheel but a smaller diameter like new vehicles have. That got me to thinking that I really do like the style of the stock wheel but the diameter is what I don't like about it. Does anybody know who makes the repo wheels and maybe if there were more like me, perhaps we could get them to make us a complete stock looking wheel but a smaller, more comfortable diameter. Thoughts?

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Dennis Carpenter made the repop of the wheel I bought for my 76. I agree a bit smaller would be nice, but then I wouldn't have been able to reuse my horn button and it probably would've cost another hundred bucks!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Im hoping that some me would pick up on this. My horn button is MIA so hvin to bu aw one is not an issue for me. I want the look and function of stock but smaller diameter to go with the quick ratio box.