• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Disc brake proportioning value wiring harness

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
It would seem that I have misplaced/lost the wiring harness for the proportioning valve for my disc break setup. Are they universal, can I just order one off Amazon or parts store?

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
Depends. . .

Stock Ford combonation (porportioning) valves have a switch with two contacts, and the plug has two wires.
Most of the after market not really correct combo vales use a GM based flavor (PV2). The switch has a single contact, and the plug has one wire, that you tie into the TWO wires in the ford harness.

Can you post a picture of said combo valve?

2 wire pigtail

1 wire pigtail

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Depends. . .

Stock Ford combonation (porportioning) valves have a switch with two contacts, and the plug has two wires.
Most of the after market not really correct combo vales use a GM based flavor (PV2). The switch has a single contact, and the plug has one wire, that you tie into the TWO wires in the ford harness.

Can you post a picture of said combo valve?

2 wire pigtail
[/URL]

1 wire pigtail
[/URL]
I appreciate it, I actually was able to find the one that came with my kit. It was buried under a bunch of stuff on my tool box.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The original was made by Kelsey Hayes and it worked perfectly. The internal springs were selected to work with the EB weight distribution. There are no others that were or are made that way. When I rebuilt mine, I bought a bunch at local JYs. None had the same springs. That included those for cars, vans, and pickups made by all the big three. Some of my internal parts were corroded and replaced with the donor valve parts. Others came from Muscle Car Research who makes soft parts, gaskets, and instructions. Once done my brakes work better than ABS. The after market valves are one size fits all, except they really don't. And they don't work as well.