• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Divorced Tranny and T-case Mounts?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Guys, was wondering how the divorced transmissions and transfer cases are attached (as in crossmember) since there isnt an intermediate housing. I only have experience with the EB's and was wondering about this. My trail rig is stretched an extra 12" and have thought about putting a divorced setup in since I have the room.

ashuss

Loc.
Littleto CO
I just sold a 77 high boy with a divorced transfer case, and a 435. They attach to two seperate crossmembers, similar to the t-case mount on an early bronco. It means two more u joints, two more yokes, and if you break that drive line you're down for the count, no front or rear drive. I didn't like the set up, but I can change a u joint with my eyes closed now.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Are they just cradled in or are there bolts through the crossmember into the housings? I hear you on the extra shafts, etc, but I figure it would take a lot to break the one in the middle since there would be no angle, etc to really wear it.

ashuss

Loc.
Littleto CO
Yes they have bolts through the cross members into the housings. One good thing is changing out you clutch will be a snap, just drop one side of the drive line and you're in. In 6 years I broke 1 u joint and one yoke, at the same time.