• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do I Need Drop Radius Arm Brackets With A 4.5 Susp. Lift?

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
I have my lift kit and am about to put it in with scott from american bronco. my question is will i need drop radius arm brackets? will 7 degree c bushings correct my angle enough? i also have a 1 inch body lift if it matters. open to suggestions if you cats have any ideas!!

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
Mine drives fine with 4 1/2 coils and 7* bushings. No real change from 3 1/2" coils. You probably already know you'll need a drop bracket for the track bar and a drop pitman arm. The bodylift makes no difference.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
You'll never know until you drive it. QC was very poor back in the late '60s to mid '70s. Your Bronco may have come from the factory with less than adequate camber, or sometimes just barely enough. Too little was most common, but there's no way of knowing what you're going to get until you do it. Then you change things accordingly.

OP
OP
asabadin

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
ROKDWLR said:
Mine drives fine with 4 1/2 coils and 7* bushings. No real change from 3 1/2" coils. You probably already know you'll need a drop bracket for the track bar and a drop pitman arm. The bodylift makes no difference.

wont be an issue since i have the stone crusher steering and trac bar setup with tie rod over and i'm already running a track bar drop bracket

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
asabadin said:
wont be an issue since i have the stone crusher steering and trac bar setup with tie rod over and i'm already running a track bar drop bracket

Cool. You should be covered then. But like SKUTTLEBUTT said, your mileage may vary. Long arms are on my list but it's fine for now.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I have a 5.5" lift and I am still running the stock brackets and stock radius arms...it drives fine, but it is killing my front flex, so I plan to upgrade to longer arms and new brackets. But if you aren't worried about front end flex you should be ok with the stock brackets.