• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone make a roll bar with some lean?

Sheehanigans

Loc.
Canton GA
The weather is here, so it's time to get topless. :)

I had a typical 6 point non-family cage, but I hit my head on the main hoop often enough and sold it out of frustration. Figured it would do more harm than good in a typical 'use-case'. The weather is nice enough now that I'm fully topless in the 68 with no window frames. It's great, but I can see summer sun coming and yearn for a bikini top to hide under. That brings me back to looking for a roll bar, but all the ones I see are straight up, over, and straight down. That puts the crossover right where my noggin is.

I'm looking for one where the main hoop is bent back a bit like the full cages are doing these days, but just with regular down bars to the rear corners instead of the rear family crossover bar. Does anyone make one like that? Or who in the bronco world may do one custom?

Something where the main hoop is bent back like Tom's 4pt family cage (rear only).
osvEE3r.jpg

If I could draw it up myself, the rear bar would go down at the tailgate, kind of fastback style:
grWSVwJ.jpg

Current state of things:
2E4blJu.jpg

suckerpunched

mine came from BroncoBob. It is obviously a full cage. I am 6-2 and have never hit my head on it. I wanted a few things done a little different than how they normally build them. They were really easy to work with and happy to oblige. I would at least talk to them about what you want and see what they can do.

Attachments

• 20161030_112019.jpg
    20161030_112019.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 225

BroncoChicken

Call Gordon at Bailie Bilt. He has a Sport Cage that has th rear legs you are describing, but also has the leaning B pillar hoops. He was great to work with on my cage.

mrdrnac

Contributor
Tom's Bronco Parts has a half-cab roll bar that leans back to clear the bulkhead that might give you the clearance you are looking for also. Part number 1385.

68ford

Bronco Guru
That looks really clean. I need to check out your setup some day; you've got a lot going on.

That orange bronco is actually my buddies, but my cage is close to the windshield as well. I don't have a stock dash though.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
68 ford thanks for the info on the roll bar in the dash not re doing my 76 and 77 ranger but my 71 1/2 cab had a full restoration coming up plus the dash is out right now I will move wipers in cowl cable driver with ac

68ford

Bronco Guru
The picture I posted is my buddys, he did it himself. He has a bender. It could easily be duplicated to work with a EB 4 point cage.