• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does my first month of '66 Bronco have more value?

hightime

I shouldn't even ask because, I don't want to put any price tag on something that I won't sell.
According to the info. you guys gave me my '66 1/2 cab was made in Aug. '65. It has all the right stuff and almost no rust and no dings. I'm sure it never has had.
Also someone here said some of the vin. number were combined with other than Bronco vins. Is there any way to know the actual build number?
It's U14FL738593. I find it hard to believe there was 6,593 built in a month.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
it's what number vehicle rolled off the line that month, so not just broncos.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Value depends on who's buying and who's selling - and what YOUR interests are --for ME -- If I wanted a stock Bronco a '66 would not be my first choice of years.
SHX

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The condition it's in is what would make it worth more or less.

Unknown

Contributor
Knowing when it came off the line doesn't seem to add value to me. Condition, upgrades, options - that's value. IMO

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I shouldn't even ask because, I don't want to put any price tag on something that I won't sell.
According to the info. you guys gave me my '66 1/2 cab was made in Aug. '65. It has all the right stuff and almost no rust and no dings. I'm sure it never has had.
Also someone here said some of the vin. number were combined with other than Bronco vins. Is there any way to know the actual build number?

It would add value if the vin number was earlier. Like U14FL73200?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru

The VIN number is the actual build number. I dont believe there are any actual numbers that say your bronco was number 10 built. Actually for the truck line there were about 14,000 vehicles built that month. How many were broncos hard to say but since it was a new vehicle line Im sure the numbers were up there to get them into the show rooms. Im pretty sure the car line is not included in the production numbers.
No real value added for low production numbers its more bragging rights than anything. Although there are people that favor 66's so it may be worth more to them. With all the oddities of the 66's and the scaricty of parts its good to have one thats in good condition as thats what adds value.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
For a super nice, original Bronco, yes, early production does add some value IMO, How much, I am not really sure.

For a modified or beat up vehicle beyond being a reasonable platform for a high end original restoration, I think it is just bragging rights since the value seems to only really be there to people who want nice clean survivors or quality original restorations.

My dad's U13 is also a Aug 65 build, likely first week due to its low #, U13FL732364 . However, this Bronco has quite a bit of other provenance to it such as is ownership history, 9,500 original miles when we got it, and where it has been shown and featured, so the low VIN is just part of that. What all that is actually worth in actual dollars as a group in addition to the basic vehicle for what is in its restored condition, who knows? We'd like to think it adds something tangible, but we could be wrong.