• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does Rain X work on Bronco's

tdog

I am working on a 69 Bronco. Going to finish the front half of the cage and want to know if I can ditch the wipers arms and motor? I have never driven a bronco in the rain and want to know if Rain X will work? It seems like a funny question but my dad has a old Ford Hot Rod and Rain X does not work on it because the shape of the car. Air does not hit the windshield right. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
I use RainX on the semi tractor that i drive (Mack CH) after application, i can drive in a moderate rain storm and the water will just roll off the windshields. After awhile it looses its effectiveness. I would keep the wiper arms and motor intact if i was you.

Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have used Rain-X for 20+ years. It does work on the Bronco, but not nearly as good as a cars with highly raked windshield.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Check with state law. You'd hate to remove them, put in a cage, then get a ticket.

gotdads68

Contributor
If laws are the issue just leave the wiper arm bolted to the windshield, at least it will look "legal", most cops probably wouldn't even notice. RainX works good but you have to reapply for it to be effective, which sucks if it rains where you are all the time and you don't have a dry area to park it and reapply.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
j.blakeslee can attest it is "the shit!" finnished his truck on a tuesday night then drove 900 miles to Super Celebration in TN the next day in down pours.....Works well but it's not wipers....

chuck489

Loc.
Dahlonega, GA
It works pretty good on a Bronco. The only problems are: 1) you do have to keep applying it to keep it effective and 2) it only works well in harder rain. If it is misting, it is much less effective. You basically have to wait for enough to pool up before it will blow off.
You might want to try the Wild Horses two electric motor set-up. They are small and there is no linkage. They are not synced, but they now have a switch that will make them run together.

ericbee

I decided to remove my wipers and motor and use Rain X. Works very well, I have no reason to put the wiper arms or motor back.

1970mule

Bronco Guru
i have used rain-x on mine when i did not have wipers, i'll just say keep the wipers it may get scary when it runs out

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
It works pretty good on a Bronco. The only problems are: 1) you do have to keep applying it to keep it effective and 2) it only works well in harder rain. If it is misting, it is much less effective. You basically have to wait for enough to pool up before it will blow off.
You might want to try the Wild Horses two electric motor set-up. They are small and there is no linkage. They are not synced, but they now have a switch that will make them run together.

Yeah I will second this, when I was in college, and poor I had a vehical that the wiper motor went out on and I could not afford to fix it. I started rain-x'ing the windshield and it worked awesome, especially in heavy rain. But there was one type of rain that was scary and that was a light thin mist (imagine a lawn sprinkler mist). The only thing you can do to see in that type of rain is go faster, which will cause the droplets to pool enough to slide off. So there are a few seconds where you can't see while the droplets run together.