• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does this look like Herculiner?

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
The PO installed this stuff and I have no idea what it is. I do not like the texture of it at all, it is too hard and gritty and it hurts my poor dog's little paws. I am hoping it isn't Herculiner because I just bought some from the store and I'm about to grind this stuff down and apply the Herculiner.

Is Herculiner smooth?

liner.jpg

JW

Contributor
Loc.
Hobe Sound
yep, looks just like Herculiner. I have that in my rig and just re=applied new herc. It is rough when you roll & brush it. I have heard that you can achieve a smoother texture if you spray on and thin.

you can scuff it really well and wipe with mek and go for it

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Does look like Herculiner, and no, Herculiner is definitely not smooth when rolled.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Durabak is the industrial line, herculiner is the commercial DIY version. Same stuff from the same company. I have never tried it but they now carry a version that doesn't have the ground rubber granules in it.

Ben

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Herc is "smoother" when you spray it, but it still hurts like hell when you drag your knuckles across it. I sprayed in mine & when you thin it out, it makes it a lot nicer, more even and easier to "patch in" than if you roll or brush it, but it is fairly thin compared to a rolled application, so a few coats is needed.

rudy16

Its gonna be a mother getting that off I would look into maybe just knocking off the high spots with a grinder with a sandpaper disc and then repaint over the top with some rubberized coating in a spray can the best stuff I've found is 3M that carquest carries. Your pooch will like that better.

rudy16

Its just doesn't make sense too me to remove that liner and then reapply the same product just bc of texture. If there was something wrong with how it was performing then I would but you will spend hrs and lots of cussing getting that off. I'd return it and buy that 3M coating it comes in a rattle can so its easy to apply. Just my 2 cents.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Seems like a lot of work to remove - why not get a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet that you can cut to fit the bed? Removable and easier on the pooch.