• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Doesn't someone sell a dash pad replacement with storage?

backpain

Bronco Guru
I don't think I dreamt this up. I know I've seen it. Now I can't find which vendor has this. I thought someone was selling a storage box that goes in place of the stock dash pad.

Does this exist? Who sells it?

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
just picked up their under the passenger seat storage locking box... nice guys!

Yes... they are in Las Cruces, New Mexico... about 2.5 hrs south of me in the "Land of Entrapment"

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
I don't understand why someone would want that on thier dash. Its just some thing else for tools to spill out of and another hard surface to crack your head on.

OP
OP
B

backpain

Bronco Guru
I don't understand why someone would want that on thier dash. Its just some thing else for tools to spill out of and another hard surface to crack your head on.

I'll peel my face off on the windshield frame, windshield and steering wheel with non-collapsible column, as well as shatter my mandible and sternum, long before I say hello to the meager dash pad. As for the passenger, oh well. No different than an "oh sh!& bar" near the glove compartment. I guess a little padding on top would be nice.

It locks closed, so if stuff falls out, it won't be meeting my needs. Anyone have any problems?

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
I agree with oh2bnok, that's a melon splitter. What's wrong with the glove box? If the rollbar is in the way of opening the door then cut out the speaker grill and move the glovebox over. My .02

fwilder

I agree with the head splitting factor, and I don't think it looks good. Kind of over whelming. A Tuffy consol fits a ton of stuff.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
What would be sweet is if it could be injection molded from black plastic to match the shape of the original dash pad. This way you keep the original look and if its done right, will be much less dangerous to the noggin than metal, and still have some internal storage for small things.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
There is no way your head is gonna hit that unless you are not buckled up or have lap belts only. If you have lap belts only then the you really need to thing about up grading any way. If you are not buckled up then you are dumb@$$ any way.