• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Doetsch Tech vs. Rancho 5000 shocks?

jlewan001

Loc.
Thorp, WI
Have any of you tried the Doetsch Tech shock absorbers that Jeff's Bronco Graveyard sells? What do you think about them? How do these compare to the Rancho 5000 shocks?

I am going to be purchasing shocks for my Bronco and both seem to be in the same price range. I don't do a real lot of extreme off roading, but want something good you know?

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I run dual doetsch DT3000. JBG sells the DT8000 i bielieve which are a tad stiffer. Im not a fan of anything that says rancho on it! I you want doetsch then just buy them direct from doetsch. There site has many many different sizes and end configurations.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
They are both rebadged Monroe shocks so I doubt there's any real world difference... Yes there may be some valving differences but that's about it!

If you want good shocks buy a set of Bilsteins and don't look back! I've broken and destroyed more Rancho shocks than I care to think of, I've only blown out 1 Bilstein out of many, many sets.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Bilstiens will be the favored of the bronco brothers, but there way out of my price range. I got 8 DT3000's for the price of one bilstien! Im sure that down the road ill upgrade but for now $30 shocks are perfect for me. And you guys saying that there 80's and 90's technology.....get off your high horses! Sure bilstiens are the shock of choice if you plan on jumping you bronco over a row of cars, but in the real world a cheep shock is fine for 99.9999% of the broncos out there as well as a few billion other vehicles on the road!

And if you want some useful info about JBG's shocks....There JBG labeled shocks are gona be softer than them DT8000's they sell. But the DT3000's probably softer than the JBG labeled shock.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I run the DT8000s on My 77 and they seem to be built very well. The ride is a little stiff for a light weight truck but not too bad. Off road they work great with no fade. I run the Ranco 5000s on my F250 and on an 8000lb truck they are perfect but I wouldn't put them on an EB, way to stiff.

If your Bronco is street only go with the DT3000s if you do much off road driving get the DT8000s.