• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dolly my oil pan?

joshua

Contributor
Trying to get everything sealed up before this marine 302 gets put in the bronco. I noticed the bolt holes along the pan are slightly raised.

Was this from the factory? Or have they been over torqued? If they are not supposed to be raised I’ll try and tap them back down. Just making sure that it wasn’t designed this way.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_3897.jpeg
    IMG_3897.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3898.jpeg
    IMG_3898.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 46

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
they have been over torqued or years of using cork gaskets, felpro rubber gaskets with steel inserts is the way to, work them flat and install as long as that pan clears everything ok

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Work them as flat as you can. Even a little the other way so the bolt can flatten it out against the gasket.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Recommend that you put the entire pan on a solid flat surface to “straighten” out the holes so that you get a uniform surface.

Randy

OP
OP
joshua

joshua

Contributor
That’s what I figured. Just didn’t want to go banging on it and I shouldn’t have.

Thanks gentleman!